From JOAQUIN GUANTER GONZALBEZ <x...@tid.es>
Subject Re: Stack extension and new services
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 07:41:24 GMT
Sweet. Thanks for the detailed reply.

Ximo.

De: Siddharth Wagle <swagle@hortonworks.com<mailto:swagle@hortonworks.com>>
Responder a: "ambari-user@incubator.apache.org<mailto:ambari-user@incubator.apache.org>"
<ambari-user@incubator.apache.org<mailto:ambari-user@incubator.apache.org>>
Fecha: miércoles, 13 de noviembre de 2013 02:14
Para: "ambari-user@incubator.apache.org<mailto:ambari-user@incubator.apache.org>" <ambari-user@incubator.apache.org<mailto:ambari-user@incubator.apache.org>>
Asunto: Re: Stack extension and new services

Hi Jaoquin,

So AMBARI-2819 was actually one of the sub tasks of the parent JIRA, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-2714,
which addresses the actual pluggability concern.

Please take a look at AMBARI-2714, which is currently work in progress and will enable services
to be added to the stack with custom commands and scripts and ability to utilize all of the
Ambari provided features without having to understand Ambari code.
The target for releasing this is around March / April 2014 time frame.

Best Regards,
Sid

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:24 AM, JOAQUIN GUANTER GONZALBEZ <ximo@tid.es<mailto:ximo@tid.es>>