From Christian Smith <christ...@greenbutton.com>
Subject Re: update mapred-site.xml
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 08:29:12 GMT
Hi Gopinath,

You have two options to add that property, either the UI or the API.

In the Ambari UI navigate to Services --> MapReduce --> Configs

Down the bottom you'll see an are to add custom properties.

Your other option is via the API, see the docs here:

https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/docs/api/v1/configuration.md

Remember that after you add or modify a property, you'll need to stop the
relevant services and start them again.

-Christian