From Christian Smith <christ...@greenbutton.com>
Subject How to update service state on specific hosts?
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 20:13:10 GMT
Hi,

I have a scenario where I have an existing cluster with all the services
installed and started.  I then add one or more slaves to the existing
cluster.

I'm wondering if there' s an easy way for me to set the service/component
states to INSTALLED then STARTED just for the new hosts?  When installing
the cluster I use something like PUT state=INSTALLED to
/api/v1/clusters/c1/services?ServiceInfo/state=INIT, but obviously I can't
use this on a running cluster.

I've tried various predicates like selecting just the hostnames I need for
a component, but the predicate isn't supported.

For example, this fails

/api/v1/clusters/c1/services/HDFS/components/DATANODE?host_components/HostRoles/host_name=my-hostname

I know I can iterate through each host, but this is slow...

Thanks in advance,
Christian