From Olivier Renault <orena...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Re: a problem: how to install ambari-agent
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 09:54:41 GMT
It's quite strange as everything looks good.

Do you see the package when you run : yum search ambari-agent.

You might want to clean the metadata and retry to re-install the package:
yum clean all
yum install ambari-agent

If it does not work, you can try ( it's not great as you're bypassing the
repo but it'll check that you can download the package )
yum install
http://s3.amazonaws.com/public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/AMBARI-1.x/repos/centos5/noarch/ambari/ambari-agent-1.2.0.1-1.x86_64.rpm

Olivier

On 29 October 2013 10:26, 624238814 <624238814@qq.com> wrote:

> **
>  Of cause, I put the ambari.repo in /etc/yum. repos.d
>
> [root@s109 ~]# cd /etc/yum.repos.d
> [root@s109 yum.repos.d]# ls
> ambari.repo       CentOS-Media.repo  epel.repo
> CentOS-Base.repo  Citrix.repo        epel-testing.repo
>
> and the result of yum repolist like follows:
>
>  [root@s109 yum.repos.d]# yum repolist
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
>  * epel: mirrors.hust.edu.cn
> repo id              repo name                                status
>
> HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.16   Hortonworks Data Platform Utils Version  enabled :      65
>
> Updates-ambari-1.x   ambari-1.x - Updates                     enabled :      45
>
> ambari-1.x           Ambari 1.x                               enabled :       5
>
> base                 CentOS-5 - Base                          enabled :   2,789
>
> citrix               XenServer 5.5.0 updates for centos5x     enabled :      33
>
> epel                 Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 -  enabled :   6,068
>
> extras               CentOS-5 - Extras                        enabled :     271
>
> updates              CentOS-5 - Updates                       enabled :      55
> repolist: 9,331
>
> Thans.
>
> Xinsheng
>

> 2013-10-29
> ------------------------------
>  624238814
> ------------------------------

   * Olivier Renault * * *  *   * Solution Engineer
------------------------------

    Phone:        +44 7500 933 036
  Email:      orenault@hortonworks.com
  Website:   http://www.hortonworks.com/

      * Follow Us: *
<http://facebook.com/hortonworks/?utm_source=WiseStamp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=signature>
<http://twitter.com/hortonworks?utm_source=WiseStamp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=signature>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/hortonworks?utm_source=WiseStamp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=signature>

 [image: photo]

  Latest From Our Blog:  Hortonworks at Strata Conference 2013 in New York
City! <http://hortonworks.com/blog/hortonworks-at-strata-conference-2013-in-new-york-city/?utm_source=WiseStamp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=signature>

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE