From ADAMOS LOIZOU <ada...@tid.es>
Subject Reconfiguring services with client only components
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 10:49:43 GMT
Hello,

We use a custom service in our Ambari instance that comprises only of client components (i.e.
no daemons).

We used to control its reconfiguration by:

1. Stopping the service by changing the service state to INSTALLED
2. Changing the cluster configuration with a PUT in e.g. http://localhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/mycluster
with the following body:
  {
    "Clusters": {
      "desired_configs": {
        "type": "your_custom_service_type",
        "tag": "your_new_version",
        "properties": { }# properties here
      }
    }
  }

3. "Starting" the service by changed the state to STARTED. Even though the service would always
remain in INSTALLED state (as being with client-only components) it had the effect of applying
the changed configuration.

We've recently synced our Ambari version with the latest from trunk and we no longer see that
behaviour (the configuration is not applied).

What would the correct way be of reconfiguring a service with client only components?

Thank you

Kind Regards
Adamos

Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar nuestra pol?tica
de env?o y recepci?n de correo electr?nico en el enlace situado m?s abajo.
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on
the basis of the terms set out at: