From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: I am facing issues while using ambari for hadoop installtions
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 14:39:55 GMT
If yum installation is taking time, more than 10 minutes, then you can
continue to retry.

When you retry can you look for this:
* Pick a host where some installation is going on (you can expand on
individual hosts in the UI and find what task is being executed)
* Go to the host and see if yum installation is the one taking time
(essentially track the yum process)
* You can check the progress at /var/lib/ambari-agent/data by looking at the
latest output-*.txt/errors-*.txt
-Sumit

From:  Artem Ervits <are9004@nyp.org>
Date:  Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:32 AM
To:  "'ambari-user@incubator.apache.org'" <ambari-user@incubator.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: I am facing issues while using ambari for hadoop installtions

Continue doing it, you get further along each time. My issues were with HDP
repo being in /etc/yum.repos.d directory and it was not configured correctly
so yum would time out so I would manually delete that repo and install would
continue with the right repo in the directory.

Artem Ervits
Data Analyst
New York Presbyterian Hospital