From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Simplest way to delete cluster via API?
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 23:01:15 GMT
What version of Ambari are you using?

Using version 1.2.5.17, you can use the following to delete the cluster.

curl ­u username:password ­X DELETE http://<ambari
server>:8080/api/v1/clusters/<cluster
<http://localhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/<cluster>  name>

If you are trying get your host(s) to a clean state and reinstall Ambari
then
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Cleaning+up+machines+for+
Ambari+and+Stack provides some guideline around cleaning up the host(s).

-Sumit
From:  Christian Smith <christian@greenbutton.com>
Date:  Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:04 PM
To:  "ambari-user@incubator.apache.org" <ambari-user@incubator.apache.org>
Subject:  Simplest way to delete cluster via API?

Hi,

I'm trying to delete a configured cluster with all services and components
via the API with no success.

I keep getting errors like:

org.apache.ambari.server.AmbariException: Invalid transition for service,
clusterName=hadoop1, clusterId=2, serviceName=HDFS,
currentDesiredState=INSTALLED, newDesiredState=UNINSTALLED

I have two questions,

1) What's the simplest option to delete a cluster and all its config (e.g.
-force option) via the API?  I just want the config removed from Ambari as I
will be destroying the cluster VMs.

2) What are the steps to gracefully delete a cluster and all
services/components via the API?

Thanks,
Christian

--