From Satish Abburi <satish.abb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ambari and Hue
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 22:44:45 GMT
Hi Jonathan, we just went through this scenario recently and got this
working. Here are the quick steps…if you have more questions, let me know,
i will hook up with the developer who worked on this.

    1. Hue communicates with JobTracker using Thrift service to get the job
details.

                                Hue --> Thrift --> JobTracker

2.       When the JobTracker starts, it will in-turn try to start the
Thrift service.

3.       The thrift service, to get started, requires
"org.apache.hadoop.thriftfs.ThriftJobTrackerPlugin" class. This class is
taken from the Cloudera distribution. (hue-plugins-2.3.0-cdh4.3.0.jar
located at /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/)

                                OR

                        We can also build this jar, in Horton by following
the link:https://github.com/hortonworks/hortonworks-sandbox

4.       The above said class requires "JobTrackerPlugin" class which is
not available in the Horton distribution. So, need to  add this class to
the library.

This class can be found at

http://grepcode.com/file/repository.cloudera.com/content/repositories/releases/com.cloudera.hadoop/hadoop-core/0.20.2-320/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobTrackerPlugin.jav<http://grepcode.com/file/repository.cloudera.com/content/repositories/releases/com.cloudera.hadoop/hadoop-core/0.20.2-320/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobTrackerPlugin.java>

Thanks,
Satish