From Christian Smith <christ...@greenbutton.com>
Subject Simplest way to delete cluster via API?
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 21:04:01 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to delete a configured cluster with all services and components
via the API with no success.

I keep getting errors like:

org.apache.ambari.server.AmbariException: Invalid transition for service,
clusterName=hadoop1, clusterId=2, serviceName=HDFS,
currentDesiredState=INSTALLED, newDesiredState=UNINSTALLED

I have two questions,

1) What's the simplest option to delete a cluster and all its config (e.g.
-force option) via the API?  I just want the config removed from Ambari as
I will be destroying the cluster VMs.

2) What are the steps to gracefully delete a cluster and all
services/components via the API?

Thanks,
Christian