From Mahadev Konar <maha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Resetting 'admin' password
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 00:19:57 GMT
Hi Edwards,
  Here is a procedure to reset the password:

1. Stop Ambari server
2. Log on to ambari server host shell
3. Run 'psql -U ambari-server ambari'
4. Enter password ****  (this password is stored in
/etc/ambari-server/conf/password.dat)
5. In psql:
update ambari.users set
user_password='538916f8943ec225d97a9a86a2c6ec0818c1cd400e09e03b660fdaaec4af29ddbb6f2b1033b81b00'
where user_name='admin'
6. Quit psql
7. Run 'ambari-server restart'

Note: The password used in step 5 is the encrypted form of 'admin'.

thanks
mahadev

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Edwards, Jonathan <
Jonathan.Edwards@staples.com> wrote:

> I've gone and forgotten my 'admin' password. What is the recommended
approach to resetting the password (using the default postgres database)? I
can't find anything in the documentation – I can't tell if the value in the
database is hashed or encrypted.

Jonathan.Edwards@Staples.com | Blog: joedward | Wiki:JonathanEdwards | IM:
joedward@im.staples.com

> The information contained in this email transmission and any attachments
is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated
named herein.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient
or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document and its attachment
in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender and return and delete the
original message immediately.  Thank you.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE