From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: No MapReduce Jobs in UI
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:04:46 GMT
Ambari Web client deploys with "rca_enabled": "true" (lowercase t).
Can you fix that and restart MapReduce via Ambari?

Please check the file /etc/hadoop/conf/log4j.properties on the JobTracker
host.
Towards the bottom, you should see something like the following.

#
# Job Summary Appender
#
# Use following logger to send summary to separate file defined by
# hadoop.mapreduce.jobsummary.log.file rolled daily:
# hadoop.mapreduce.jobsummary.logger=INFO,JSA
#
hadoop.mapreduce.jobsummary.logger=${hadoop.root.logger}
hadoop.mapreduce.jobsummary.log.file=hadoop-mapreduce.jobsummary.log
log4j.appender.JSA=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.JSA.File=${hadoop.log.dir}/${hadoop.mapreduce.jobsummary.log.file}
log4j.appender.JSA.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.JSA.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{yy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss} %p %c{2}:
%m%n
log4j.appender.JSA.DatePattern=.yyyy-MM-dd
log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobInProgress$JobSummary=${hadoop.mapreduce.jobsummary.logger}
log4j.additivity.org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobInProgress$JobSummary=false

ambari.jobhistory.database=jdbc:postgresql://
c6404.ambari.apache.org/ambarirca
ambari.jobhistory.driver=org.postgresql.Driver
ambari.jobhistory.user=mapred
ambari.jobhistory.password=mapred
ambari.jobhistory.logger=DEBUG,JHA

log4j.appender.JHA=org.apache.ambari.log4j.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryAppender
log4j.appender.JHA.database=${ambari.jobhistory.database}
log4j.appender.JHA.driver=${ambari.jobhistory.driver}
log4j.appender.JHA.user=${ambari.jobhistory.user}
log4j.appender.JHA.password=${ambari.jobhistory.password}

log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobHistory$JobHistoryLogger=${ambari.jobhistory.logger}
log4j.additivity.org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobHistory$JobHistoryLogger=true

Yusaku

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 2:49 AM, Christian Smith
<christian@greenbutton.com>wrote:

> Hi Yusaku,
>
> Sorry I forgot to mention I configured the cluster via the API.  Ambari
> version 1.2.4.
>
> From the global config (reported via the API):
>
>  "properties" : { "rca_enabled" : "True",
>

> Thanks,
> Christian
>

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Yusaku Sako <yusaku@hortonworks.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Christian,
>>
>> Can you check the "global" configuration on the cluster?
>> GET http://ambari-host:8080/api/v1/clusters/<cluster>
>> and follow the link for the "global" one.
>> In the global configuration, do you see "rca_enabled" set to "true"?
>>
>> BTW, what version of Ambari are you using, and did you install the
>> cluster via the wizard or via the API?
>>
>> Yusaku
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 2:30 AM, Christian Smith <
>> christian@greenbutton.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've configured an Ambari cluster with 7 nodes including HDFS,
>>>  MapReduce, Ganglia and Nagios.  The UI says all services are OK (green).
>>>
>>> Under the Jobs tab I don't see any MapReduce jobs.  I've manually run
>>> several against the jobtracker which show up if I do a 'sudo -u hdfs hadoop
>>> --config ... job list'.
>>>
>>> I don't need Oozie, correct?  And if not, what configuration could I
>>> have missed?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Christian
>>>

>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE