From Artem Ervits <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject Ambari and firewall
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 20:45:09 GMT
Hello all,

I know that during Ambari install, installer turns off the firewall before continuing. My
question is post-install, does Ambari constantly poll it's agents for firewall status? Does
it intentionally turn off the firewall if it is running? I am running Ambari 1.2.3 which requires
sudo to run the agents. I'm wondering if it is indeed true, going to 1.2.5 and running sudoless,
will that stop Ambari from turning off iptables?

Thank you