From Artem Ervits <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject RE: ambari just for monitoring?
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 19:47:07 GMT
You can install ganglia and use the Ambari-shipped ganglia metrics w/out using Ambari, I was
able to do that on a cluster w/out Ambari server. It's most likely true with Nagios as well.

From: Bill Sparks [mailto:jsparks@cray.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:15 PM
To: ambari-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: ambari just for monitoring?

Is it possible to just use Ambari for just monitoring and not for the initial provisioning/setup
? Our system is somewhat strange in it's architecture and use of read-only root filesystems,
so the per-node install and setup will not work. Using Ambari as the single point for monitoring
the Hadoop ecosystem components would be useful.

Thanks.
   Bill.