From "Edwards, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Edwa...@Staples.com>
Subject Re: Ambari and Hue
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 02:52:53 GMT
Michael,

Thanks for pointing this out – altering the property name as you indicated fixed everything.
This is the second documentation error I've come across – the other was with the Hadoop
temporary directory modifications for concurrent job submission:

9.2.e [Optional]

Originally it is written as:
<property>
  <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
  <value>/tmp/hadoop-$USER_NAME$HUE_SUFFIX</value>
</property>

The proper values are:
<property>
  <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
  <value>/tmp/hadoop-${user.name}${hue.suffix}</value>
</property>

Jonathan Edwards
Technical Architect
Senior Systems Engineering Consultant

Staples, Inc.
1 Environmental Way | Broomfield, CO 80021

Phone: 303.664.3256 (Desk) | 303.903.6240 (Cell) | E-Mail: Jonathan.Edwards@Staples.com<mailto:Jonathan.Edwards@cexp.com>
| Blog: joedward<http://connections.staples.com/blogs/joedward/> | Wiki:JonathanEdwards<http://wiki.cexp.com:7001/twiki/bin/view/Main/JonathanEdwards>
| IM: joedward@im.staples.com<mailto:joedward@im.cexp.com>

The information contained in this email transmission and any attachments is intended only
for the personal and confidential use of the designated named herein.  If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document and its attachment
in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender and return and delete the original message immediately.  Thank you.

[cid:image001.jpg@01C99348.6D55AEB0]