From "Edwards, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Edwa...@Staples.com>
Subject Ambari and Hue
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 21:34:55 GMT
Fellow Ambari Users,

I've setup a Hortonworks cluster (HDP 1.3.2) using Ambari and have HDFS, MapRed, Hive, Hbase
all working nicely. I've gotten ambitious and manually installed Hue – and been able to
get it working, with the exception of JobTracker integration. The reason that I'm emailing
the Ambari user group is that the ultimate issue seems to be that, although properly configured
in the mapped-site.xml via Ambari and present in /usr/lib/hadoop/lib on the JobTracker node
managed by Ambari, the Thrift plugin isn't loading – I suspect that the jar isn't being
added to the class path by the startup commands issued from the Ambari server to the remote
agents. Is there a way to view what the configured class path is for the job tracker? Is there
a way to override the default behavior to include additional JobTracker plugin jars?

Regards,

Jonathan Edwards
Technical Architect
Senior Systems Engineering Consultant

Staples, Inc.
1 Environmental Way | Broomfield, CO 80021