From "zhangwei" <zhang...@richinfo.cn>
Subject Re: enable Tez for Hive query problem
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 06:50:33 GMT
Hi , Hitesh
       Sorry to trouble you, the problem has been resolved .
Now I just want to know how to set hive.use.tez.natively = true as default.
Also ,  Is there some Tez  using demo? There are just some introductions about  Tez's principle
of architecture in internet,
but I can get a few of applications?

Best regards!
----- Original Message -----
From: "zhangwei" <zhangwei@richinfo.cn>
To: <hitesh@apache.org>
Cc: <ambari-user@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: enable Tez for Hive query problem

> Hi , Hitesh
>
>         Thank you very much ! You are right , I lost this instructions.
> But after that I got another exception : "Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The
processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.
>        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:246)
>        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:284)
>        at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:153)
>        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.parse(Configuration.java:1982)
>        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.parse(Configuration.java:1970)
>        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResource(Configuration.java:2041)
>        ... 24 more
> [Fatal Error] tez-site.xml:2:6: The processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]"
is not allowed.
> FAILED: Hive Internal Error: java.lang.RuntimeException(org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
The processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.)

> I also want to know how to set hive.use.tez.natively = true as default.
>
> Thanks for you good help~!
> Best regards!

let us know if you set that before running the count(*) query? You are likely to get more
help on [dev|user]@tez.incubator.apache.org for tez specific questions.

> thanks
> -- Hitesh
>

> On Aug 11, 2013, at 7:49 PM, zhangwei wrote:
>
>> Hi , All,
>>
>>        Has anybody used Tez for Hive?  I followed http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.4.0/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap-tez-5-4.html
 this instructions to enable Tez for Hive query,
>> after I set "export HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH="/usr/lib/hcatalog/share/hcatalog/hcatalog-core.jar:$TEZ_CONF_DIR:$TEZ_INSTALL_DIR/*:$TEZ_INSTALL_DIR/lib/*"
>> I exexute "select count(*) from table",
>> I got
>> "Job Submission failed with exception 'java.io.FileNotFoundException(File file:/usr/lib/hcatalog/share/hcatalog/hcatalog-core.jar:/etc/tez/conf/:/usr/lib/tez/*:/usr/lib/tez/lib/*
does not exist)' FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapReduceImpl"
exception.