From Aaron Cody <ac...@hexiscyber.com>
Subject Re: component/host health status mechanism?
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 19:08:44 GMT
Oh ok .. that's unfortunate Š as the component-level status is repeated by
the components themselves in the host view...

From:  Sumit Mohanty <smohanty@hortonworks.com>
Date:  Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:50 AM
To:  "ambari-user@incubator.apache.org" <ambari-user@incubator.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: component/host health status mechanism?

The "red" indicates that master components on the host are down ­ but the
agent on the host is actually up. After you start the components on the host
it will become green.

From: Aaron Cody <acody@hexiscyber.com>
Date: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:49 AM
To: "ambari-user@incubator.apache.org" <ambari-user@incubator.apache.org>

So the host is back up and I manually restarted the ambari agentŠ however
the dot by the hostname itself is still red 'master down' .. (but I do see
the components on the host now as red dots as expectedŠ)

Once the agent is running, shouldn't the status of the host be green again?