From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Remove and re-add node
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 15:18:29 GMT
Do you have any hadoop component installed on that node? If not, then the
steps you have described will work. After the agent comes up and registers
with the same name as before it will work.

From:  Chadwick Banning <chadwickbanning@gmail.com>
Date:  Tuesday, August 13, 2013 7:01 AM
To:  <ambari-user@incubator.apache.org>
Subject:  Remove and re-add node

Quick question --

Is there a way to remove a node from Ambari and then re-add it?  I have a
cluster member thats having issues and I would like to remove it, re-install
the OS, and then re-join it to the cluster.

Would I be able to just shutdown the machine, re-install the OS (which is on
disks separate from the data disks), restart the machine, re-install the
ambari-agent manually and have Ambari take over from there?