From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Cluster install wizard fails with manually configured agents
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2013 04:53:08 GMT
Hi Christian,

The agents use socket.getfqdn() to get the value to use. There are some
scenarios where socket.getfqdn() can be different than hostname ­f. You can
perform a web search and find examples. See if modifying /etc/hosts will
help.

Another option would be -
You can write a custom script that will modify the name used by the agents
to register.
The name of the property (at /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ambari-agent.ini) is
hostname_script.

E.g.
[agent]
prefix=/var/lib/ambari-agent/data
hostname_script=/myScripts/customizeHostName.sh

Essentially, the script can use the value returned by hostname -f assuming
all the agents have similar issue.

Once you modify the .ini file you can restart the agent for it to register
with the modified name.

Thanks
Sumit