From Chadwick Banning <chadwickbann...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remove and re-add node
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 13:24:44 GMT
Thank you for all your help -- I appreciate it.

Does Ambari support completely removing hosts via the API?  I could
conceivably decommission the node, then remove it completely from Ambari
(if this can be done), then re-install and join it to the cluster under a
new name.

Assuming this is possible, would I then later be able to join another node
to the cluster under the old name that was removed?