From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: openssl.so: undefined symbol: d2i_ECPKParameters (LoadError)
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 07:11:35 GMT
Hi Leitao,

What you have is the latest from trunk and trunk is usually in flux due to
active development. A better choice would be to take a stable release such
as 1.2.4.9 which is the latest. Do you have a constraint to use HDP 1.2.1 -
if not then use the latest HDP as well.

Anyway, if you can, try deploying with the released 1.2.4 version and see
if the problem persists. If you cannot start with a clean machine, then you
may need to clean the packages already deployed by your earlier attempt.
Let me know if you need a detailed instruction to clean the machine.

Meanwhile, if you can, pls. file a JIRA @
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI detailing the issue when you
deployed 1.2.1 using trunk.

-Sumit

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 10:57 PM, Guo Leitao <leitao.guo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sumit, thanks for your help!
>
> I got the code from git clone https://
> git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-ambari.git
>
> ambari version is '1.3.0-SNAPSHOT20130816030947'
>
> HDP version is HDP 1.2.1
>
> please find attatched log files and site-N.pp/Output-NN.txt files.
>
> - Leitao
>

> 2013/8/16 Sumit Mohanty <smohanty@hortonworks.com>
>
>> Unfortunately, I have not come across this error.
>> Hopefully, someone else in the group can chime in.
>>
>> Meanwhile, can you provide some log files.
>>
>>    - Agent logs @ /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.log
>>    and /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.out
>>    - Ambari agent creates a site-N.pp file (at
>>    /var/lib/ambari-agent/data) for each task it executes – where N is a number
>>       - Can you share the site-N.pp file that results in this error? If
>>       you look at the output-N.txt file corresponding to the site-N.pp file you
>>       will know which one failed. Share the output-N.txt as well.
>>
>> What version/branch of Ambari are you using and what version of HDP are
>> you deploying?
>>
>> Can you also try to deploy the released version of Ambari, say 1.2.4? The
>> documentation is at -
>> http://incubator.apache.org/ambari/1.2.4/installing-hadoop-using-ambari/content/index.html
>>
>> -Sumit
>>
>> From: Guo Leitao <leitao.guo@gmail.com>
>> Date: Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:25 AM
>> To: <ambari-user@incubator.apache.org>
>> Subject: Re: openssl.so: undefined symbol: d2i_ECPKParameters (LoadError)
>>
>> the same version of openssl

>> openssl-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64
>>

>> 2013/8/15 Sumit Mohanty <smohanty@hortonworks.com>
>>
>>> What is the version of openssl installed on the machine?
>>>
>>> On one of my Centos 6.4 machines:
>>>
>>> rpm -qa openssl
>>> openssl-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64
>>>
>>> From: Guo Leitao <leitao.guo@gmail.com>
>>> Date: Thursday, August 15, 2013 5:13 AM
>>> To: <ambari-user@incubator.apache.org>
>>> Subject: openssl.so: undefined symbol: d2i_ECPKParameters (LoadError)
>>>
>>> I am new to ambari, sorry for asking this questions.
>>>
>>> I checked out code from trunk today, build and install is ok.
>>>
>>> After ambari-server and agent start, I try to install HDFS through web,
>>> but always get  'openssl.so: undefined symbol: d2i_ECPKParameters
>>> (LoadError)'.
>>>
>>> OS: CentOS release 6.3 (Final)
>>> Linux compute-34-08.local 2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Jun 22
>>> 12:19:21 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>>
>>> /usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/puppet-2.7.9/lib/puppet/defaults.rb:75: warning: Insecure
world writable dir /data1 in PATH, mode 040757
>>> /usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/ruby-1.8.7-p370/lib/ruby/1.8/x86_64-linux/openssl.so:
/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/ruby-1.8.7-p370/lib/ruby/1.8/x86_64-linux/openssl.so: undefined
symbol: d2i_ECPKParameters - /usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/ruby-1.8.7-p370/lib/ruby/1.8/x86_64-linux/openssl.so
(LoadError)
>>> 	from /usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/ruby-1.8.7-p370/lib/ruby/1.8/openssl.rb:17
>>> 	from /usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/puppet-2.7.9/lib/puppet/ssl.rb:3:in `require'
>>> 	from /usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/puppet-2.7.9/lib/puppet/ssl.rb:3
>>> 	from /usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/puppet-2.7.9/lib/puppet.rb:155:in `require'
>>> 	from /usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/puppet-2.7.9/lib/puppet.rb:155
>>> 	from /usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/puppet-2.7.9/lib/puppet/application.rb:271:in
`require'
>>> 	from /usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/puppet-2.7.9/lib/puppet/application.rb:271:in
`initialize'
>>> 	from /usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/puppet-2.7.9/lib/puppet/util/command_line.rb:60:in
`new'
>>> 	from /usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/puppet-2.7.9/lib/puppet/util/command_line.rb:60:in
`execute'
>>> 	from /usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/puppet-2.7.9/bin/puppet:4
>>>

>>> Leitao
>>>
>>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>>

>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE