From "zhangwei" <zhang...@richinfo.cn>
Subject Re: enable Tez for Hive query problem
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 06:28:05 GMT

Thanks for you good help~!
Best regards!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hitesh Shah" <hitesh@apache.org>
To: <ambari-user@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 12:42 PM
Subject: Re: enable Tez for Hive query problem

Hi

I think this shows up when hive.use.tez.natively has not been set to true. Could you let us
know if you set that before running the count(*) query? You are likely to get more help on
[dev|user]@tez.incubator.apache.org for tez specific questions.

thanks
-- Hitesh

On Aug 11, 2013, at 7:49 PM, zhangwei wrote:

> Hi , All,
>
>        Has anybody used Tez for Hive?  I followed http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.4.0/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap-tez-5-4.html
 this instructions to enable Tez for Hive query,
> after I set "export HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH="/usr/lib/hcatalog/share/hcatalog/hcatalog-core.jar:$TEZ_CONF_DIR:$TEZ_INSTALL_DIR/*:$TEZ_INSTALL_DIR/lib/*"
> I exexute "select count(*) from table",
> I got
> "Job Submission failed with exception 'java.io.FileNotFoundException(File file:/usr/lib/hcatalog/share/hcatalog/hcatalog-core.jar:/etc/tez/conf/:/usr/lib/tez/*:/usr/lib/tez/lib/*
does not exist)' FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapReduceImpl"
exception.