From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject RE: Cluster install wizard fails with manually configured agents
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2013 04:11:38 GMT
  What are the hosts you see if you go to http://server:8080/api/v1/hosts?
Ensure that host names you are using are the same the hosts used to
register.

Sent from my Windows Phone
 ------------------------------
From: Christian Smith <christian@greenbutton.com>
Sent: 8/2/2013 7:21 PM
To: ambari-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Cluster install wizard fails with manually configured agents

Hi,

I've got the server installed and configured and have also setup several
agents which have successfully connected and registered with the
ambari-server according to the server logs.

I'm now attempting to run through the UI wizard, I'm entering the
hostnames, specifying manual agent install, and clicking 'Register and
Confirm'.

The next step, Confirming Hosts, then shows all hosts as 'Registering'.
 After a while they all transition to Failed.  I've tried several times,
restarted services etc...

Am I missing a step?

Thanks,
Christian