From Brian Jeltema <brian.jelt...@digitalenvoy.net>
Subject Re: Ambari/iptables interaction
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 12:48:26 GMT
Thanks. I see what needs to be changed, but I'm unclear about the mechanics. If I change the
code on the Ambari server,
will it automatically propagate to each agent? Or do I need to edit/restart each agent?

TIA

Brian

On Jul 8, 2013, at 5:05 PM, Olivier Renault wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> For the time being, it looks like we're switching it off by default. If you would like
to amend this behavior you probably want to modify
> /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp/manifests/init.pp
>
> Good luck,
> Olivier
>

> On 8 July 2013 18:29, Brian Jeltema <brian.jeltema@digitalenvoy.net> wrote:
> I'm new to Ambari and am looking for clarification of how ambari interacts with iptables.
I disabled iptables during installation as documented.
> After completion of the install, we restarted iptables. However, whenever I do a stop/start
cycle of the MapReduce service,