From Aaron Cody <ac...@keywcorp.com>
Subject Re: need help with adding service to stack
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 18:09:56 GMT
- Ok so looking at the hosts, I see that the ambari.repo file isn't getting
copied over .. so nothing is getting installed on them..  I need to
understand this bootstrap process better Š where is the code/script that
implements it?
Q: as I have modified ambari.repo, I'm wondering if my modified version
needs to be placed somewhere on my yum server?

Just to clarify what I did so far:
I added something like this to ambari.repo on the master ..  :

[My-Ambari-Services]
name=My Ambari Services
baseurl=http://yum.mycompanyname.com/yum_repo/ambari
gpgcheck=0
enabled=1
priority=0

Šand then I put the rpm for my new service plus the rebuilt
ambari-server/agent rpms  up on my yum server in the yum_repo/ambari folderŠ

- regarding versions - I'm a bit confused ..  :)
- In the source code I have (git clone git://git.apache.org/ambari.git), I
see stack versions  under src/main/resources/ :
stacks.HDP.1.2.0
stacks.HDP.1.2.1
stacks.HDP.1.3.0 <--- I added my service in hereŠ.
stacks.HDP.2.0.1 ???
- in the Ambari docs (on the web), versions 0.9, 1.2.0, 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3
are all mentionedŠ.
-in the Ambari UI, you get to choose between 1.3.0 or 1.2.1    (I select
1.3.0 as that's where I added my service)
- in your reply you mention 1.2.4, but it's not available yet, so that's no
good to me ;)

Q: what version should I be using today in order to add a service to the
stack?

thanks