From Siddharth Wagle <swa...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: need help with adding service to stack
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 02:38:08 GMT
Hi Aaron,

'it just sits there 'installing'
- Do you have the ambari-agent package in the rpm, can you verify it is
getting installed on the host? (rpm -qa | grep ambari-agent)

Q: should I be adding my service to the 1.3.0 stack tree or the 1.2.x stack
tree?
Ambari will allow stack selection in the 1.2.4 release, should be available
by next week, you can use the call http://localhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/<name>
to determine the default stack.

Q: how do you map a service name to the actual rpm containing the service?
There is no mapping a service to rpm, a package will be installed by the
agent based on what rpm is available. This can be from the repo of users
choosing, the ambari agent will only ascertain the correct package for a
service is installed.

Here is the link to design docs which should help,
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Ambari+Design

-Sid