From Artem Ervits <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject Problem seeing DB2 jars when calling sqoop with Ambari provisioned cluster
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 14:58:25 GMT
Hello all,

I am having trouble running sqoop with DB2 driver on a client machine provisioned by Ambari.
I placed the db2 jars into /usr/lib/sqoop/lib and when I try to do an import I'm getting the
following error:

13/07/24 15:07:06 ERROR sqoop.Sqoop: Got exception running Sqoop: java.lang.RuntimeException:
Could not load db driver class: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load db driver class: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver
        at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.makeConnection(SqlManager.java:636)

Do I need to push the jars via the Ambari server? If so, how is that done?

Thank you