From Robin Carnow <ro...@goldbot.com>
Subject Building HDP Repo RPMS
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 19:16:07 GMT
Hello,

I have a question about the set of hadoop rpms that are available in the
HDP and HDP-UTILS repos.
Does anyone know how the rpms are made?
I have a situation where I must use hadoop 1.0.4, but 1.0.3 is the latest
version used by ambari 0.9.

Is there any way to get or create the same set of rpms for hadoop 1.0.4 so
that they will work with Ambari 0.9?  Maybe there is build script that is
run?

I've looked through the rpms and some are just text files which I can use.
Some have binary executables which I guess would not work with a newer
version of hadoop.

I know that Ambari 0.9 is VERY old and I should not be using it.  I do not
have any choice in the matter.  I need a quick fix until I'm able to use
1.2.

Any help would be much appreciated

 Thank you,
Robin