From Srimanth Gunturi <srima...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Hive errors after install
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 17:34:09 GMT
Hi Artem,
Wrt manual start, If $HIVE_LOG_DIR is not set to some accessible folder
(like /var/log/hive), then I can understand "-bash: /hive.out:
Permission denied"
- its trying to create /hive.out on the root folder as user hive.

I think creating folders/setting $HIVE_LOG_DIR might address it?

Maybe the logs contain why the service was not installed properly.
Regards,
Srimanth