From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Customize configuration on a specific node
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 18:15:20 GMT
Julien,

I do think it is a useful feature to have.
Yes, it is possible to remove host components with the REST API.
You first put the host component to be deleted in MAINTENANCE state [1].
 Once you do that, you can invoke DELETE on that host component resource:

[1]
https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/docs/api/v1/host-component-resources.md

Yusaku