From Artem Ervits <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject RE: hive failure during install
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 21:14:57 GMT
Yes it did, I installed with manually configured agents, not sharing ssh keys. Would that make
any difference? I see the file is owned by root, hive user would not have the priveledges
obviously. Any way to change that now, meaning the script is in tmp so every time machine
is rebooted, there will be a new copy and it will be owned by root, correct?

-----Original Message-----
From: Hitesh Shah [mailto:hitesh@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 4:42 PM
To: ambari-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: hive failure during install

Does /tmp/startMetastore.sh have executable permissions set?

-- Hitesh

On May 28, 2013, at 1:24 PM, Artem Ervits wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am getting an error during install, I tried to impersonate hive and run the command
but I still get the permission denied. I'm not sure where the permission failure is coming
from.

> notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hive::Service/Hdp::Exec[su - hive -c  'env
> HADOOP_HOME=/usr JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-sun.x86_64
> /tmp/startMetastore.sh /var/log/hive/hive.out /var/log/hive/hive.log
> /application/run/hive/hive.pid ']/Exec[su - hive -c  'env
> HADOOP_HOME=/usr JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-sun.x86_64
> /tmp/startMetastore.sh /var/log/hive/hive.out /var/log/hive/hive.log
> /application/run/hive/hive.pid ']/returns: env:
> /tmp/startMetastore.sh: Permission denied
> err: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hive::Service/Hdp::Exec[su - hive -c  'env
> HADOOP_HOME=/usr JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-sun.x86_64
> /tmp/startMetastore.sh /var/log/hive/hive.out /var/log/hive/hive.log
> /application/run/hive/hive.pid ']/Exec[su - hive -c  'env
> HADOOP_HOME=/usr JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-sun.x86_64
> /tmp/startMetastore.sh /var/log/hive/hive.out /var/log/hive/hive.log
> /application/run/hive/hive.pid ']/returns: change from notrun to 0
> failed: su - hive -c  'env HADOOP_HOME=/usr
> JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-sun.x86_64 /tmp/startMetastore.sh
> /var/log/hive/hive.out /var/log/hive/hive.log
> /application/run/hive/hive.pid ' returned 126 instead of one of [0] at
> /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp/manifests/init.pp:313
>
> I ran the command manually and I still get failure:
>
> su - hive -c  'env HADOOP_HOME=/usr
> JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-sun.x86_64 /tmp/startMetastore.sh /var/log/hive/hive.out
/var/log/hiv e/hive.log /application/run/hive/hive.pid'
> env: /tmp/startMetastore.sh: Permission denied
>

> Thank you
>

> This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and
may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are
mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.