From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: agent upgrade expected behaviour?
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2013 14:15:02 GMT
Sandeep,

Upgrade depends on the installed build version and the build version that
is being upgraded to. When you upgrade, yum prints the existing build
version and version being upgraded to.

The behavior of conf --> conf.save is expected. This is to preserve any
config change that might have happened to ambari-agent.ini. The manual
step, after upgrade, is to rename the folder back to "conf". We are
working on developing post-install scripts that will automate the step but
that is not final yet.

-Sumit