From JOAQUIN GUANTER GONZALBEZ <x...@tid.es>
Subject INSTALL_FAILED status but no logs?
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 14:49:28 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to create a cluster with HDFS programmatically by targeting the REST APIs in the
Ambari Server directly instead of using the Web frontend. I set the HDFS service state to
"INSTALLED" and I can see my host components entering the state "INSTALLING", but after a
while, they transition to "INSTALL_FAILED". The problem is that neither the ambari-server.log/out
nor the ambari-agent.log/out have any error messages.

I'm not sure if there are any other sources of information I should be looking at for errors,
or if I'm doing anything wrong when calling the REST APIs (all the API calls return successfully,
though). My test is a NodeJS program which I have attached in case anyone wants to take a
look at it. The ambari.js code is a supporting object model that enables easy calls to the
REST API.

Does anyone know how can investigate why the state of my host components is ending up in INSTALL_FAILED?

Thanks,
Ximo.

Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar nuestra pol?tica
de env?o y recepci?n de correo electr?nico en el enlace situado m?s abajo.
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on
the basis of the terms set out at: