From JOAQUIN GUANTER GONZALBEZ <x...@tid.es>
Subject RE: Some Ambari questions
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 10:54:29 GMT
Many thanks for the pointers, Sid. I have started looking at the documentation and I have been
quite successful in calling the GET APIs. I am having trouble locating the JSON payload some
of the calls require, though.

For example, the POST call to /cluster/{clusterId}/configurations has a JavaDoc comment with
an example JSON payload, but when calling POST to /cluster/{clusterId} I get a 400 error code
with the message "Stack information should be provided when creating a cluster".

I've tried to follow the code to see where the expected body is defined, but I can't seem
to find the right place. Can you point me towards it?

Thanks!
Ximo.

De: Siddharth Wagle [mailto:swagle@hortonworks.com]
Enviado el: jueves, 21 de marzo de 2013 17:44
Para: ambari-user@incubator.apache.org
Asunto: Re: Some Ambari questions

Hi Ximo,

Here is a link to the Ambari wiki that should give you an idea of the design,
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Ambari+Design

Currently the API docs are only GET calls. We are working on getting the documentation up-to-date.
However, all of the calls made by the web UI are supported and if you want to get a head start
before the documentation is ready, you can actually mimic all the calls made by the web UI
and create a running cluster.

Best Regards,
Sid
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 9:32 AM, JOAQUIN GUANTER GONZALBEZ <ximo@tid.es<mailto:ximo@tid.es>>