From Artem Ervits <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject RE: unable to register servers
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 04:54:28 GMT
Thank you all for your help, I was able to successfully install Ambari. In the end I had to
constantly remove HDP.repo and HDP-epel.repo files form /etc/yum.repos.d/ and manually install
failed packages, I had to reset ambari-server a few times because it would just hang.

Thank you.

From: Jeff Sposetti [mailto:jeff@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:17 PM
To: ambari-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: unable to register servers

Hi Artem,

This doesn't solve your immediate issue but FYI: there is a JIRA for the ability to disable
Ambari from distributing the .repo files during installation.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-2006

You can watch that JIRA for progress.

Thanks.

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Siddharth Wagle <swagle@hortonworks.com<mailto:swagle@hortonworks.com>>