From Artem Ervits <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject RE: unable to register servers
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 20:43:37 GMT
I did create HDP-1.2.1 repo locally and ran createrepo. I realized just now that /etc/yum.repos.d
had two new entries HDP.repo and HDP-epel.repo. I disabled those, it should not try to go
out for packages. I tried yum install snappy and I was able to fetch the package even before,
I just didn't realize the two entries above were added. I also edited the files in cd /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks
As per the http://incubator.apache.org/ambari/1.2.1/installing-hadoop-using-ambari/content/ambari-chap1-6.html.
I will report back when I run it again.

Thank you

From: Olivier Renault [mailto:orenault@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:38 PM
To: ambari-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: unable to register servers

Clean up yum metadata and try to install snappy-devel manually.
yum clean all
yum install -y snappy-devel

If it does not work, you can try to regenerate your repomd.xml using the createrepo command.
For eg, if your repo has been sync in /var/www/html/HDP-1.2.1 do:
createrepo /var/www/html/HDP-1.2.1 and then retry to install manually snappy-devel.

If it still fail, could you paste the output of yum repolist

Thanks,
Olivier

On 23 April 2013 21:28, Artem Ervits <are9004@nyp.org<mailto:are9004@nyp.org>>