From Siddharth Wagle <swa...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Some Ambari questions
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:44:12 GMT
Hi Ximo,

Here is a link to the Ambari wiki that should give you an idea of the
design,
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Ambari+Design

Currently the API docs are only GET calls. We are working on getting the
documentation up-to-date.
However, all of the calls made by the web UI are supported and if you want
to get a head start before the documentation is ready, you can actually
mimic all the calls made by the web UI and create a running cluster.

Best Regards,
Sid

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 9:32 AM, JOAQUIN GUANTER GONZALBEZ <ximo@tid.es>wrote:

>  Hello,
>

> I am evaluating Ambari for a BigData platform my team is building, and it
> sure looks like there’s a bunch of sweet stuff in this project J I am
> having some problem finding documentation for the project, so maybe some of
> my questions are answered somewhere and I just can’t find the correct
> resource. Anyway, here’s the stuff I still don’t understand about Ambari:
>

> -          What is the Ambari agent? Is there any document that describes
> the general architecture of Ambari?
>
> -          How does the Web component communicate with the Ambari Server?
>
> -          Is the list in
> https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/docs/api/v1/index.mdthe complete
list of supported REST API calls?