From JOAQUIN GUANTER GONZALBEZ <x...@tid.es>
Subject Some Ambari questions
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:32:33 GMT
Hello,

I am evaluating Ambari for a BigData platform my team is building, and it sure looks like
there's a bunch of sweet stuff in this project :) I am having some problem finding documentation
for the project, so maybe some of my questions are answered somewhere and I just can't find
the correct resource. Anyway, here's the stuff I still don't understand about Ambari:

-          What is the Ambari agent? Is there any document that describes the general architecture
of Ambari?

-          How does the Web component communicate with the Ambari Server?

-          Is the list in https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/docs/api/v1/index.md
the complete list of supported REST API calls?

Ambari looks like a really interesting project, but in my scenario the UI part is not important
since my team is looking for programmatic ways of deploying Hadoop clusters. Does Ambari offer
a programmatic surface to manage clusters (set up Federated HDFS, add users, etc.)?

Thanks!
Ximo.

Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar nuestra pol?tica
de env?o y recepci?n de correo electr?nico en el enlace situado m?s abajo.
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on
the basis of the terms set out at: