From "Tapper, Gunnar" <gunnar.tap...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Passwordless login from master as well
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 22:11:34 GMT
Hi Yusaku,

So far, I've not been able to use the manual agent install without setting up password-free
ssh for root first. Maybe your server environment differs somehow?

Sincerely,

Gunnar

Innovation is a team sport - Michael Idechik, vice president of advanced technologies, General
Electric

From: Yusaku Sako [mailto:yusaku@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:58 PM
To: ambari-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Passwordless login from master as well

Hi Ravindranath,

Does this page address what you were looking for?
http://incubator.apache.org/ambari/1.2.1/installing-hadoop-using-ambari/content/ambari-chap1-5-2.html

Also setting up passwordless SSH for the root user is NOT a requirement in order to get a
cluster up and running.
You can install the Ambari agents manually:
http://incubator.apache.org/ambari/1.2.1/installing-hadoop-using-ambari/content/ambari-chap6.html

Yusaku
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM, Ravindranath Akila <ravindranathakila@gmail.com<mailto:ravindranathakila@gmail.com>>