From Hitesh Shah <hit...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari/Puppet
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 02:18:31 GMT
Hi Satish,

You can take a look at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Ambari+Design which
has a design doc attached.

To answer your question, the ambari agent ( python based ) running on the node invokes puppet
apply on a generated site.pp ( i.e. puppet is used in standalone mode ). There are plans to
start looking at making it easy to add other components to the currently supported stack.
If you have any particular requirements that you are trying to address, as a start, filing
a jira with more details would help.

thanks
-- Hitesh

On Feb 5, 2013, at 5:11 PM, Satish Abburi wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> Where can i get more info. on how Ambari and Puppet are integrated architecturally. Also,
if we need to add another component to Hadoop stack and have it installed/configured/managed
with Ambari- what is the procedure to achieve this. Looking for right doc. pointers or any
samples for jump start.

> Thanks,
> Satish
>

> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Siddharth Wagle <swagle@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Hi Satish,
>
> You do not need to install puppet. Ambari will do that for you.
>
> -Sid
>
> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Satish Abburi <satish.abburi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, where can i get more insight on this. Do we need to install Puppet before installing
Ambari?