From Mahadev Konar <maha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: errors installing HDP on 4 node cluster using Ambari
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 22:18:25 GMT
Hi Ian,
 NOTHING to install means all the other nodes are all fine. The one
failing with oozie setup has this issue:

su - oozie -c 'cd /var/tmp/oozie && /usr/lib/oozie/bin/oozie-setup.sh
-hadoop 0.20.200 /usr/lib/hadoop/ -extjs /usr/share/HDP-oozie/ext.zip

Can you please run this command manually on that host and see why its fialing?

mahadev

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Ian Stevenson <istevenson@revelytix.com> wrote:

> I have been attempting to stand up a small cluster using Ambari, and I am stuck on step
9 (Install, Start and Test).

> Ambari Server is installed on a VirtualBox VM running 64-bit CentOS 5.8.
>
> Cluster has 4 nodes, all running 64-bit CentOS 5.8.
>
> I was able to work my way through all the steps leading up to deployment without any
error.

> The results of my first attempt at deploying were errors on all nodes.  Many errors did
not have any output.

> I pressed "Retry", and now 3 of my nodes have the message, "Waiting (Nothing to install)",
while only one now has the message, "Failures encountered".