From Ian Stevenson <isteven...@revelytix.com>
Subject errors installing HDP on 4 node cluster using Ambari
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 21:17:33 GMT
I have been attempting to stand up a small cluster using Ambari, and I am
stuck on step 9 (Install, Start and
Test)<http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-1.2.0/bk_using_Ambari_book/content/ambari-chap3-9.html>
.

Ambari Server is installed on a VirtualBox VM running 64-bit CentOS 5.8.

Cluster has 4 nodes, all running 64-bit CentOS 5.8.

I was able to work my way through all the steps leading up to deployment
without any error.

The results of my first attempt at deploying were errors on all nodes.
Many errors did not have any output.

I pressed "Retry", and now 3 of my nodes have the message, "Waiting
(Nothing to install)", while only one now has the message, "Failures
encountered".

The failure I'm encountering now is attached as a .txt file.

Ambari does not seem to permit me to retry previous steps, and I am unsure
how to diagnose the problem or to proceed.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

- ian

ian stevenson
revelytix
two.four.zero.four.seven.five.zero.four.five.three
istevenson (at) revelytix {dot} com