From Pramod Thangali <pthang...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari installation with rpm manually
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 21:16:51 GMT
Zhu,

Currently, you need to deploy HDP stack using Ambari to be able to use
Ambari to manage/monitor the stack.

We are refactoring Ambari so in the future we can offer the option of
managing manually installed clusters and clusters deployed using other
tools.  No set time frames for these to be available yet but we will keep
the list posted.

-Pramod

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Zhu Wayne <zhuw.chicago@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings!
> I'd like to know how to install Ambari with HDP distro using manual
> install. I can't find tar ball for Ambari under
> Manual Install Appendix: Tarballs<http://docs.hortonworks.com/CURRENT/Deploying_Hortonworks_Data_Platform/Installing_Manually/rpminstall/rpm_appendix_tarballs/rpm_appendix_tarballs.htm>side
menu at the following link:

> http://docs.hortonworks.com/CURRENT/index.htm#Deploying_Hortonworks_Data_Platform/Installing_Manually/rpminstall/rpm_getting_ready/rpm_getting_ready.htm
>
> For Ambari to work, do I have to deploy the cluster with Ambari? Thanks.
>
> Wayne

Pramod Thangali
408 621 1525
Engineering at Hortonworks