From Jennie Cochran-Chinn <Jennie.Cochran-Ch...@demandmedia.com>
Subject Re: Ambari initialize cluster step 2 issue
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 20:20:19 GMT
Gotta be root user?  Sounds like Artem is using hduser?

On 8/3/12 1:16 PM, "Vitthal "Suhas" Gogate" <gogate@hortonworks.com> wrote:

>Looks like things are failing while contacting and doing sanity checks
>for the nodes being added..  although I guess you need to use the
>private rsa key to do the passwd-less ssh to remote nodes..  You can
>manually try from ambari server  ssh -i priv_key root@remote_host to
>see that works..
>

>Also can you post the  relevant part of the log at
>/var/log/hmc/hmc.log to see what exact error you getting..
>
>--Suhas
>
>On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Artem Ervits <are9004@nyp.org> wrote:
>> Hello all, I'm trying to install a Hadoop cluster with Ambari on one VM
>>and two additional nodes that will serve as a hadoop cluster. On step 2,
>>where it says to add nodes, I select the id_rsa.pub file for the user
>>I'm running the install with, let's call it hduser. I already copied the
>>ssh keys to all machines and setup passwordless ssh to each and all
>>machines. I also select /etc/hosts file that has all three VMs. When I
>>hit next, it fails for some or all of the machines. I then created
>>another file called hosts, containing the names of only two machines
>>participating in a hadoop cluster, excluding the Ambari server. The add
>>nodes step fails again due to permission denied again. It does, still
>>include my Ambari server as the 3rd server to install hadoop on. Is
>>there anything that I'm doing wrong?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named
>>recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or
>>privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
>>notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
>>contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received
>>this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us
>>immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address
>>noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank
>>you.
>>

>> --------------------
>>
>> This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named
>>recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or
>>privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
>>notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
>>contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
>>this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us
>>immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address
>>noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank
>>you.

>> This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named
>>recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or
>>privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
>>notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
> [...]

Please NOTE: This electronic message, including any attachments, may include privileged, confidential
and/or inside information owned by Demand Media, Inc. Any distribution or use of this communication
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message
and then delete it from your system. Thank you.