From "Vitthal \"Suhas\" Gogate" <gog...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari initialize cluster step 2 issue
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2012 18:44:04 GMT
Artem, looking at the following output you sent, looks like you still
requires password input from user when run "ssh -I priv_key root@remote"
from ambari server, Is it true? Could you ssh to root@remote without
password, after protecting private key?

(Sorry if I am repeating something others have already mentioned but in
that case ignore this message.  Just want to make sure we take care of
basic things before look into further.. ).

--Suhas

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Artem Ervits <are9004@nyp.org> wrote:

>  I just setup a one-way root passwordless ssh access from Ambari to the
> two other nodes. Still can't get it to work. I disabled iptables and
> SElinux on all machines. I found Hitesh's powerpoint on slideshare :),
> http://www.slideshare.net/Hadoop_Summit/managing-hadoop-clusters-with-ambariand am looking
at the Hortonworks install guide as well.