From "Vitthal \"Suhas\" Gogate" <gog...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari initialize cluster step 2 issue
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 20:16:45 GMT
Looks like things are failing while contacting and doing sanity checks
for the nodes being added..  although I guess you need to use the
private rsa key to do the passwd-less ssh to remote nodes..  You can
manually try from ambari server  ssh -i priv_key root@remote_host to
see that works..

Also can you post the  relevant part of the log at
/var/log/hmc/hmc.log to see what exact error you getting..

--Suhas

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Artem Ervits <are9004@nyp.org> wrote:
> Hello all, I'm trying to install a Hadoop cluster with Ambari on one VM and two additional
nodes that will serve as a hadoop cluster. On step 2, where it says to add nodes, I select
the id_rsa.pub file for the user I'm running the install with, let's call it hduser. I already
copied the ssh keys to all machines and setup passwordless ssh to each and all machines. I
also select /etc/hosts file that has all three VMs. When I hit next, it fails for some or
all of the machines. I then created another file called hosts, containing the names of only
two machines participating in a hadoop cluster, excluding the Ambari server. The add nodes
step fails again due to permission denied again. It does, still include my Ambari server as
the 3rd server to install hadoop on. Is there anything that I'm doing wrong?

> Thank you.
>
> This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and
may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are
mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.