From xu peng <xupeng.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem when setting up hadoop cluster step 2
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 03:49:11 GMT
There is no 100.log.file in /var/log/hmc dir, but only 55.log file (55
is the biggest version num).

The content of 55.log is :
pdsh@vbaby1: module path "/usr/lib64/pdsh" insecure.
pdsh@vbaby1: "/": Owner not root, current uid, or pdsh executable owner
pdsh@vbaby1: Couldn't load any pdsh modules

Thanks ~

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM, Hitesh Shah <hitesh@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Sorry - my mistake. The last txn mentioned is 100 so please look for the 100.log file.
>
> -- Hitesh
>

> On Aug 9, 2012, at 8:34 PM, Hitesh Shah wrote:
>
>> Thanks - will take a look and get back to you.
>>
>> Could you also look at /var/log/hmc/hmc.txn.55.log and see if there are any errors
in it?

>> -- Hitesh.
>>
>> On Aug 9, 2012, at 8:00 PM, xu peng wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Hitesh :
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot for your replying. I have done all your suggestions in my
>>> ambari server , and the result is as below.
>>>
>>> 1. I can confirm that the hosts.txt file is empty after i failed at
>>> the step finding reachable nodes.
>>> 2. I tried make hostdetails file in win7 and redhat , it both
>>> failed.(Please see the attachment, my hostdetails file)
>>> 3. I removed the logging re-direct and run the .sh script .It seems
>>> like the script works well , it print the hostname in console and
>>> generate a file (content  is "0") in the same dir. (Please see the
>>> attachment , the result and my .sh script )
>>> 4. I attached the hmc.log and error_log too. Hope this helps ~
>>>
>>> Thanks ~
>>> Xupeng

any special characters that may be creating problems for the parsing layer?

of it, edit to remove the logging re-directs to files and run the script manually from command-line
( it takes in a hostname as the argument ) ? The output of that should show you as to what
is going wrong.

are any errors being logged which may shed more light on the issue.

And i submit this file on the website ,  but i still have the same problem. I failed at the
step of finding reachable nodes.

Make sure it's the same file. You also mention a hosts.txt and host.txt. You only need one
file with the names of all servers.
a problem on step 2. I already set up the password-less ssh, and i creat a hostdetail.txt
file.
times i submit the host.txt file on the website , and i really don't know why.
recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message
in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender
at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.
Thank you.