From xu peng <xupeng.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem when setting up hadoop cluster step 2
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 00:46:23 GMT
No ,  i am not using vbaby1 as my new ambari master. But it is the
former ambari master (I did not uninstall the dependency package), and
vbaby3 is the current ambari master.

So did i have to uninstall all mod_passenge package on the slave node
? Or make the ganglia server on the same node as ambari server ?

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 1:30 AM, Hitesh Shah <hitesh@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Yes - not using /dev/mapper/hdvg-rootlv was what I was planning to suggest.
>
> It seems to me that you installed mod_passenger and/or ambari on vbaby1. Is this your
new ambari master?

> Try doing this on vbaby1:
>
> $puppet master --no-daemonize --debug
>
> The above will create the cert required by the puppet master running in httpd. Kill the
above process ( it will run in the foreground ).

> Now, try the httpd restart.
>
>  ( Also, note that you should not need to do anything for ganglia start unless you are
running ganglia server on the same host as ambari. )

> thanks
> -- Hitesh
>

> On Aug 19, 2012, at 6:03 AM, xu peng wrote:
>
>> Hi Hitesh :
>>
>> It is me again.
>>
>> I figured out the previous problem by changing the mount point to a custom path.
>>
>> But i failed at the step of starting ganglia server.
>>
>> I run this command manualy on vbaby1 node , but failed . The other
>> node successed.
>> ([root@vbaby1 log]# service httpd start
>> Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 37 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/puppetmaster.conf:
>> SSLCertificateChainFile: file '/var/lib/puppet/ssl/ca/ca_crt.pem' does
>> not exist or is empty
>>                                                           [FAILED])
>>
>> Please refer to the error log.
>>
>> Thanks a lot.
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM, xu peng <xupeng.bupt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Hitesh :
>>>
>>> It is me again.
>>>
>>> I encountered another problem while deploying the service. And
>>> according to the log , it seems like something went wrong when
>>> executing command (Dependency Exec[mkdir -p
>>> /dev/mapper/hdvg-rootlv/hadoop/hdfs/data] has failures: true) .
>>>
>>> Please refer to the attachment. It seems like all the rpm package
>>> installed successfully , and i don't know where failed the dependency.
>>>
>>> Please help , thanks a lot.

repo. Most of the packages should be the same but same like hadoop-lzo were re-factored to
work correctly with respect to 32/64-bit installs on RHEL6.

and datanode dirs are just dirs. From a performance point of view, you want each dir to be
created on a separate mount point to increase disk io bandwidth. This means that the mount
points that you select on the UI should allow directories to be created. If you have mounted
certain kind of filesystems which you do not wish to use for hadoop ( any tmpfs, nfs mounts
etc ), you should de-select them on the UI and/or use the custom mount point text box as appropriate.
The UI currently does not distinguish valid mount points and therefore it is up to the user
to select correctly.

the code which require a modified repo. Unfortunately, I got delayed in modifying the documentation
to point to the new repo.

correct repo which will have the lzo packages.

and re-installing ambari agents.

certification and if the master was bootstrapped earlier, it would still be looking to match
against old certs.

( http://docs.puppetlabs.com/man/cert.html )

is to make sure the cert for the master is recreated as we deleted it earlier.

and do a service ambari start to bring up the UI.

issues you have come across and how you solved them. We can use that to create an FAQ for
other users.

my ambari master ,
 This is often
client

that necessary ? How

And found that the
i have to update my

is not running on them or they cannot communicate with the master. Trying doing a puppet kick
--ping to them from the master.

install $pre_installed_pkgs]/Exec[yum install $pre_installed_pkgs]/returns (err): change from
notrun to 0 failed: yum install -y hadoop hadoop-libhdfs hadoop-native hadoop-pipes hadoop-sbin
hadoop-lzo hadoop hadoop-libhdfs hadoop-native hadoop-pipes hadoop-sbin hadoop-lzo hdp_mon_dashboard
ganglia-gmond-3.2.0 gweb hdp_mon_ganglia_addons snappy snappy-devel returned 1 instead of
one of [0] at /etc/puppet/agent/modules/hdp/manifests/init.pp:265\"",

Try running the command manually and see what the error is.

server. But deploying
I really  don't know why.

logs of  all the nodes in
And vbaby3.cloud.eb is the

is the log supplied by the
DeployingDetails.jpg is
refer.

forward to your reply.

to do a couple of things. Depending on where the uninstall failed, you may have to manually
do a killall java on all the nodes to kill any missed processes. If you want to start with
a complete clean install, you should also delete the hadoop dir in the mount points you selected
during the previous install  so that the new fresh install does not face errors when it tries
to re-format hdfs.

ambari rpm and that should allow you to re-create a fresh cluster.

wrote:

> [...]
mistake. Someone has changed the
to the errorlog , pdsh need root to

root , problem solved. Thank you

uninstall failure , and there is no
and i don't know what to do
to reinstall hadoop ?

requires everything to be run as root. It does not detect that the user is not root and use
sudo either on the master or on the agent nodes.
is failing when trying to use pdsh to make remote calls to the host list that you passed in
due to the errors mentioned in your script. This could be due to how it was installed but
I am not sure.

and run any simple command on all hosts using pdsh? If you want to reference exactly how ambari
uses pdsh, you can look into /usr/share/hmc/php/frontend/commandUtils.php

peng wrote:

> [...]
, is there something wrong with my account ?

module and ambari with the user
I added user "ambari" to /etc/sudofilers

in /var/log/hmc dir, but only 55.log file (55
num).

is :
"/usr/lib64/pdsh" insecure.
not root, current uid, or pdsh executable owner
load any pdsh modules

at 11:36 AM, Hitesh Shah <hitesh@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> [...]
The last txn mentioned is 100 so please look for the 100.log file.

8:34 PM, Hitesh Shah wrote:

> [...]
take a look and get back to you.

look at /var/log/hmc/hmc.txn.55.log and see if there are any errors in it?

:

lot for your replying. I have done all your suggestions in my
, and the result is as below.

confirm that the hosts.txt file is empty after i failed at
finding reachable nodes.
make hostdetails file in win7 and redhat , it both
see the attachment, my hostdetails file)
the logging re-direct and run the .sh script .It seems
script works well , it print the hostname in console and
a file (content  is "0") in the same dir. (Please see the
, the result and my .sh script )
the hmc.log and error_log too. Hope this helps ~

10, 2012 at 12:24 AM, Hitesh Shah <hitesh@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> [...]
can you confirm that the hosts.txt file at /var/run/hmc/clusters/EBHadoop/hosts.txt is empty?

can you ensure that the hostdetails file that you upload does not have any special characters
that may be creating problems for the parsing layer?

same dir, there should be an ssh.sh script. Can you create a copy of it, edit to remove the
logging re-directs to files and run the script manually from command-line ( it takes in a
hostname as the argument ) ? The output of that should show you as to what is going wrong.

please look at /var/log/hmc/hmc.log and httpd/error_log to see if there are any errors being
logged which may shed more light on the issue.

9, 2012, at 9:11 AM, Artem Ervits wrote:

> [...]
file are you supplying in the step? Hostdetail.txt or hosts?

xupeng.bupt [mailto:xupeng.bupt@gmail.com]
Thursday, August 09, 2012 11:33 AM
ambari-user
Re: RE: Problem when setting up hadoop cluster step 2

you for your replying ~

made only one hostdetail.txt file which contains the names of all servers. And i submit this
file on the website ,  but i still have the same problem. I failed at the step of finding
reachable nodes.

error log is : "
total failure in transaction 100 while running cmd:
./addNodes/findSshableNodes.php with args: EBHadoop root
100 36 /var/run/hmc/clusters/EBHadoop/hosts.txt

my hostdetail.txt file is :"
you very much ~

Artem Ervits
2012-08-09  22:16:53
ambari-user@incubator.apache.org
RE: Problem when setting up hadoop cluster step 2
installer requires a hosts file which I believe you called hostdetail. Make sure it's the
same file. You also mention a hosts.txt and host.txt. You only need one file with the names
of all servers.
Message-----
xu peng [mailto:xupeng.bupt@gmail.com]
Thursday, August 09, 2012 2:02 AM
ambari-user@incubator.apache.org
Problem when setting up hadoop cluster step 2
everyone :
am trying to use ambari to set up a hadoop cluster , but i encounter a problem on step 2.
I already set up the password-less ssh, and i creat a hostdetail.txt file.
problem is that i found the file
is empty , no matter how many times i submit the host.txt file on the website , and i really
don't know why.
is the log file : [2012:08:09
total failure in transaction 100 while running cmd:
./addNodes/findSshableNodes.php with args: EBHadoop root
100 36 /var/run/hmc/clusters/EBHadoop/hosts.txt
my host.txt is like this(vbaby1.cloud.eb is the master node) :
anyone help me and tell me what i am doing wrong ?
you very much ~!
electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain
information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are not the
named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail
address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.