From xu peng <xupeng.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem when setting up hadoop cluster step 2
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2012 09:34:51 GMT
Hi Hitesh :

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I solved this problem , it is silly mistake. Someone has changed the
owner of "/" dir , and according to the errorlog , pdsh need root to
proceed.

After changing the owner of "/" to root , problem solved. Thank you
again for you reply.

I have another question. I had a uninstall failure , and there is no
button on the website for me to rollback and i don't know what to do
about that. What should i do now to reinstall hadoop ?

Thanks

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Hitesh Shah <hitesh@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Currently, the ambari installer requires everything to be run as root. It does not detect
that the user is not root and use sudo either on the master or on the agent nodes.
> Furthermore, it seems like it is failing when trying to use pdsh to make remote calls
to the host list that you passed in due to the errors mentioned in your script. This could
be due to how it was installed but I am not sure.

> Could you switch to become root and run any simple command on all hosts using pdsh? If
you want to reference exactly how ambari uses pdsh, you can look into /usr/share/hmc/php/frontend/commandUtils.php

> thanks
> -- Hitesh
>
> On Aug 9, 2012, at 9:04 PM, xu peng wrote:
>
>> According to the error log , is there something wrong with my account ?
>>
>> I installed all the dependency module and ambari with the user
>> "ambari" instead of root. I added user "ambari" to /etc/sudofilers
>> with no passwd.
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 11:49 AM, xu peng <xupeng.bupt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> There is no 100.log.file in /var/log/hmc dir, but only 55.log file (55
>>> is the biggest version num).
>>>
>>> The content of 55.log is :
>>> pdsh@vbaby1: module path "/usr/lib64/pdsh" insecure.
>>> pdsh@vbaby1: "/": Owner not root, current uid, or pdsh executable owner
>>> pdsh@vbaby1: Couldn't load any pdsh modules
>>>
>>> Thanks ~

does not have any special characters that may be creating problems for the parsing layer?

a copy of it, edit to remove the logging re-directs to files and run the script manually from
command-line ( it takes in a hostname as the argument ) ? The output of that should show you
as to what is going wrong.

to see if there are any errors being logged which may shed more light on the issue.

of all servers. And i submit this file on the website ,  but i still have the same problem.
I failed at the step of finding reachable nodes.

hostdetail. Make sure it's the same file. You also mention a hosts.txt and host.txt. You only
need one file with the names of all servers.
i encounter a problem on step 2. I already set up the password-less ssh, and i creat a hostdetail.txt
file.
matter how many times i submit the host.txt file on the website , and i really don't know
why.
of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting
the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of
this message. Thank you.