From Hitesh Shah <hit...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari install issues
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 19:03:21 GMT
Thanks for filing the jira, Artem.

I forgot to mention earlier that the code to support RHEL/CentOS6 was added recently hence
the documentation is lagging a bit. Also, the -13 repo has a few missing packages for use
with CentOS6 so please use the -14 repo I mentioned earlier.

-- Hitesh

On Aug 2, 2012, at 11:59 AM, Artem Ervits wrote:

> Jira AMBARI-663 filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-663, my first jira,
if I did anything out of ordinary, please let me know.

repos. To do that, you can simply install the corresponding RPMs.

> 1) EPEL repo
>
> 2) Puppet Passenger
>
> 3) Hadoop repo
>
> You should run the following at the command line on Ambari master:
>
> $ sudo rpm -Uvh http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/x86_64/epel-release-5-4.noarch.rpm
> OR
> $ sudo rpm -Uvh http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/i386/epel-release-5-4.noarch.rpm
>
> $ sudo rpm -Uvh http://passenger.stealthymonkeys.com/rhel/5/passenger-release.noarch.rpm
> $ sudo rpm -Uvh http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-1.0.13/repos/centos5/hdp-release-1.0.13-1.el5.noarch.rpm

followed by a yum install epel-release ( if epel is not present ). The above 2 repos should
get you setup to provide all the necessary dependencies that may be pulled in by Ambari.

> Also, if you face any hiccups due to incorrect documentation or any other issues for
that matter, could you please file jiras so that other folks don't hit the same problems in
the future.

> thanks
> -- Hitesh
>
> On Aug 2, 2012, at 9:45 AM, Artem Ervits wrote:
>
>> Hello users,
>>
>> I'm new to Ambari, CentOS and puppet so please be patient with me. I am doing the
install on a Centos 6.3 vm and am running into some issues. I am following the install guide
from

>> http://incubator.apache.org/ambari/install.html
>>
>> When I run the following step:
>> 2) Install ambari-agent-1.0.0-1.noarch.rpm on each of the cluster nodes by running:
>> $ sudo rpm -Uvh ambari-agent-1.0.0-1.noarch.rpm
>>
>> I get error: Failed dependencies:
>>       Puppet = 2.7.9 is needed by ambari agent.
>>
>> I'm installing everything on one VM and it is CentOS 6.3, I know the support is for
Version 5.*, could that be it, that right now it does not support 6.* and won't install for
any reason?

>> Thank you.
>>

>> Artem Ervits
>> Data Analyst
>> New York Presbyterian Hospital
>>

>> This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient,
and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error
or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the
electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank
you.

and security policies (http://infonet.nyp.org/QA/HospitalManual).